Answers to Frequently Asked Questions
Get the answers to FAQs when renting a room at Portland Lodging and Tourism.
- What is temporary housing?
Temporary Housing, also known as corporate housing, is a niche lodging segment providing temporary accommodation needs for 30 days or longer. Unlike a Hotel, temporary apartments are located in residential areas. All rooms are completely furnished.
- What makes Portland Lodging & Tourism a better fit for me?
The location alone makes it a good fit for anyone visiting from out of town for business or pleasure. Because of its great Inner Southeast Portland location in the Reed neighborhood (close to Reed College) there are a series of interconnected neighborhoods (Sellwood, Westmorland, Brooklyn, Division, Hawthorne, Belmont) that offer easy access to great food and entertainment including local favorites (Bird & Bear, C Bar, Rocio’s Mexican Restaurant, Gladstone Street Pub), green spaces (Rhododendron Gardens & Eastmoreland Golf Course), cultural offerings (Bagdad Theatre & Pub) and tax-free shopping.
Portland Lodging and Tourism is 10 miles from the airport, centrally located in Southeast Portland (Reed Neighborhood) and close to all sorts of activities and sights to see. Public transportation is easily accessible: TriMet Bus #17 and Light Rail (Orange Line), as well as bike trips.
Feel free to ask us any question prior to or during your visit. We’re here to make your stay as comfortable and memorable as possible.
- Is there a minimum length of stay?
We require the 30-day minimum stay but please check with us beforehand; sometimes there are vacancies between bookings so we can accommodate special requests. Please call 1-503-290-9824 or fill out our contact form.
- When is check-in/check-out time?
Check-in 3:30pm / Check-out 11:30am
- Are Portland Lodging & Tourism accommodations smoke-free?
Our units are smoke-free, however, designated outside locations are available.
- Are pets welcome?
Yes. Portland Lodging is pet-friendly. However, we do reserve the right to have weight limitations or breed restrictions on certain types of dogs. We ask that you please submit a photo of your pet for review prior to your arrival to ensure there are no misunderstandings. Pet deposits as well as a monthly pet fee are required and is reflected in the rent to allow for additional property care from pet occupied apartments.
- What is your refund/cancelation policy?
- If a client cancels their booking up to 14 days before the beginning of their stay, they receive a 100% refund and are not charged any booking fees. For bookings cancelled up to 7 days before your stay, the client gets a 50% refund.
- No refund is given if a client cancels their stay at any time after possession.